Asphalt driveway maintenance is one of the most fool-proof ways you can preserve your asphalt pavement without spending a lot of money. Of course, you can always hire asphalt paving contractors to do the job for you. For today’s topic, we share the benefits of having your asphalt driveway sealed.
Benefits of Seal-Coating Your Driveway:
- Provides weather protection: asphalt is easily affected by extreme weather conditions. Change in temperature can either expand or contract the pavement which will then cause cracks or potholes to appear. Seal-coating allows your asphalt driveway to be protected without having to shell out large amounts of money to have your asphalt base replaced.
- Acts as a sunscreen for your driveway: Excessive sun exposure damages asphalt. When an asphalt driveway is exposed to excessive amounts of sunlight, the driveway deteriorates from oxidation. Applying a seal coating allows your driveway to be protected from the sun and preserve the longevity of your asphalt driveway.
- Prevents contamination: oil leaks, gas spills, and other substances can seep into the base of your asphalt driveway and cause the base to deteriorate. A seal coat will act as an extra layer of protection, especially for small cracks; and protect the base of your asphalt from getting unstable.
- Makes your driveway more durable: Your seal coat is a dark substance, when it absorbs heat it becomes more flexible which will help your asphalt driveway avoid cracks. This way, you can keep your driveway smooth and it’s easy to repair cracks on your asphalt with seal coating, and it holds the pavement for a while longer until you decide to have its base re-done.
- Reduces repair costs: Having your asphalt driveway repair costs a lot of money. With a seal coat, you can easily maintain small cracks and holes until you can afford to have the whole pavement re-done. Aside from that, you can also apply the seal coat on your own if you don’t want to have it done by a professional. Of course, we do suggest having it done professionally if you have never done it on your own.
Seal coating is one quick way you can repair cracks and holes in your asphalt driveway. Since the maintenance of your asphalt can be quite pricey, we do suggest that you look into having it seal coated. We hope you enjoyed the benefits of having your asphalt driveway sealed.